Almindelig bruger
Almindelig bruger
Navn: Jesper Lindharth
By: Tommerup / Fyn
Kontakt:

E39 - komfortlædersæder

Indlæg af Jesper Lindharth »

Hej

Er der nogen som har hørt eller selv oplevet at man får ondt i ryggen af komfortsæder?

Lige i bunden af ryggen føles det som sædet trykker?

Jeg har nu tænkt mig at fjerne 'lumbar' puden & se om det hjælper?

Hilsen

Jesper
Brugeravatar
admin
Administrator
Administrator
Navn: Mogens Juhl
By: Viby Sjælland
Kontakt:

Re: E39 - komfortlædersæder

Indlæg af admin »

Hej Jesper

Jeg ved ikke om du har set dette, men jeg fandt det på www.bimmerfest.com:

If you do a search on "Comfort Seats" in this forum, you'll probably come up with 99% positive comments. Based on these comments and a brief 15 minutes test drive, I was sold. I gave up HUD option and got the comfort seats instead. After living with it for 6 months, here is what I think:

POSITIVE:
The cushion padding is very supple, but supportive. You can drive for hours without fatigue. The best part of comfort seat though, is the upper back articulation. It allows the seat to contour the shape of your back precisely. I don't think there are any other seats that can do this.

Now, the head rest. The suppleness and its ability to fold forward is just amazing. You can really use it as "head rest" rather than just as "head restrain." This feature is particularly useful for your passenger on long trip. No longer their heads have to rest on the B pillar for support.

NEGATIVE:
First, I think $1200 (plus tax) has become a worse value since lumbar support became standard for MY2005. It was, I think a $500 option, so you'd think BMW would drop the comfort seat upgrade by $500. Well they didn't.

Second, those wonderful head rests make a rattle noise when it's raised, even for just a little bit. It will go away if you keep it down firmely pressed to the back of the seat. I think the rails is hitting some plastic retainer inside. I've made complain but the dealer said that it was normal. Luckly, I am not a tall guy, so the head rest stays down all the time.

Third, the lumbar support pertrudes forward too much, even at its lowest and flattest setting. This will cause you to be pushed a bit forward and make the seat cushion seem a little short.

Well, thankfully, the forward leg support can be extended to compensate for this, but ironically, this will lead to the worse offense of comfort seats. As you can see the picture below, the extension will leave a very ugly black gap unlike the covered sport seats. The gap makes you feel very uncomfortable because your butt will feel the edge of the gap. It feels like sitting on the edge of a seat with just half of your butt on the chair. The gap will also catch your pants and itself on the edge part so you'll have to adjust your pants everytime you get into the car. If the gap was covered, this problem should go away.

The picture below shows an extension of about 4" and it looks very fragile. I have it extended about 1" and it supports my leg well.

Do those of you who have comfort seats feel the same way as I do?
The price, well, what can you do? Do you realize the price of the NAV is the same now as it was back in 2001 when I first got it on my 530i? That was kind of surprising...dunno what exactly what it means, though....

I haven't noticed any rattling and I do have the headrest up an inch or two. I LOVE how the upper back portion of the seat can move...it really fits my back nicely.

Lumbar works for me...however, I'm sure this all very subjective...we are all shaped differently!

Now the gap, while a bit unsightly (maybe no biggie in a black interior though!), does have a bit of a discontinuity once extended. It fixed an achy right leg for me once so it didn't really bother me. I don't think I ever felt like I was on the edge of something but feeling both edges on my thigh (hamstring) wasn't too bad. Since I was trying to unache my leg, I don't think it bothered me.
Mvh

Mogens Juhl
http://5erbmw.dk/forum
BMW F45 225xe M-Sport - 2017
BMW F20 LCI 118ia M-Sport - 2018
BMW E36 Compact 316I - 1997
Besvar